Friday, October 26
•11 a.m.-1 p.m.-Come join Yadkin Medical Associates celebrate “OUR PATIENTS” We will be raffling off homemade cake, and a basket of goodies, Hot Dog, chips and a drink will be served.
Sunday, October 28
• 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Fall Rabies Clinic at the Yadkin County Animal Shelter at 1141 Tennessee Street, Yadkinville, $10/shot & 1 year vaccination only. Please bring your pet on a leash or in a carrier. Pets must be 3 months of age. If your pet is getting the 3 year vaccine you must bring paperwork to the clinic. Rabies tags ARE NOT proof.
Monday, October 29
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m.-Toys for Tots applications for families needing assistance for Christmas 2012 will be taken at KFC in Yadkinville. Toys for Tots provides Christmas toys for children that would not otherwise have a Christmas. Donations of new toys can be made at Feed Sak in Dobson, Dollar General Store in Boonville or Jonesville, and Joshua’s Angel Center (1228 Lightning Cross Road, Boonville). Joshua’s Angel Center is Yadkin County’s Coordinator for Toys for Tots.
Tuesday, October 30
•11 a.m.-2 p.m.-“Empty Bowls” for hunger at Yadkinville United Methodist Church, sponsored by Courtney Baptist Church. Cameron Kent, from WXII News will be the MC. Lunch is chicken soup or vegetable beef soup, salad, bread, dessert and drink. Each ticket holder will be able to pick and choose a donated handmade pottery bowl to take home. Take out will be available. All proceeds will benefit Yadkin Christian Ministries. Tickets or additional information, contact Yadkin Christian Ministries (336) 677-3080. There will also be a auction.
• 9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Free Flue Shots for Veterans at the Elkin Public Library, 111 N. Front St. Administered by the VA Medical Center of Salisbury. Please bring your DD-214 and a valid photo ID. For questions call the Salisbury VA Medical Center, 800-469-8262 or 4958 or 4960.
• 7:00 p.m. - The North Carolina Daniel Boone Trail will sponsor the Statesville unveiling of Daniel Boone Crossing the Shallow Ford on Tuesday, October 30, 7:00 pm, at the Iredell County Public Library, 201 North Tradd Street, Statesville, NC 28677. Patricia Hobson, noted artist from Yadkin County, will describe her painting and its importance. Exclusive, limited-edition prints of the painting will be available. Proceeds will help develop a Daniel Boone driving trail through the ten counties of the Yadkin Valley in northwest North Carolina. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Ann Black, (336) 971-5544, or firstname.lastname@example.org or go on-line to patriciahobson.com.
Wednesday, October 31
•5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.-Angel’z Fitness and her Zumba Fitness class will be welcoming Trick-Or Treaters Halloween night at Deep Creek Community Center in Courtney. Free class pass will be given away with each treat bag! For more information about Zumba Fitness classes please contact Angel Parrish via text or phone at 244-7765 or through face book.
Saturday, November 3
•9 a.m.-2 p.m.-There will be a Country Christmas Bazaar and Vendors at the Yadkin Senior Center in Yadkinville. Proceeds go to the COTA in honor of Dakota J. Davis to help with transplant related expensive.
•9 a.m.-5 p.m.-A Shop with friends Christmas Bazaar sponsored by the Friends of the Jonesville Public Library will be held at the Jonesville Elementary School Multi-Purpose Room. Admission is $1.00 kids 12 and under and senior citizens are free. Raffle prizes will be given out. Vendor spaces are available at $30 each plus donation of a raffle item. For more info call or text Beck at 336-366-7078
• 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Fall Rabies Clinic at Yadkin Veternary Hospital/Dr Holt 5532 Hwy 601 N, Yadkinville. $7 Shot 1 & 3 Year vaccination. Please bring your pet on a leash or in a carrier. Pets must be 3 months of age. If your pet is getting the 3 year vaccine you must bring paperwork to the clinic. Rabies tags ARE NOT proof.
•4 p.m.-8 p.m.-Fall Festival at Courtney Elementary. Numerous games and activities for everyone. Haunted house,bounce house,face painting,car bash and a duct tape booth. Also a silent auction for some awesome items and special entries. We will have a pumpkin decorating and halloween costume contest. Enter our raffle ticket drawing for a chance to win some cash. Come out and enjoy the fun.
Monday, November 5
•6 p.m.-Yadkin County Farm Bureau’s Annual Meeting for the members of the organization. The meeting will be held at the Moose Lodge in Yadkinville. Cost will be $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children 12 and under. A meal consisting of barbecue and all the fixings will precede the business session of the meeting. The Women’s Committee will be collecting non-perishable food items for Yadkin Christian Ministries. Please no take outs. Door prizes will be given away after the meeting
Friday, November 9
•5 p.m.-8 p.m.-Join us for our 1st Annual Ladies’ Night Out Event & Shopping Fair. Enjoy vendors offering a variety of indulgences - every woman is guaranteed to find something they love! Shopping, food samples, accessories, nutrition info, jewelry, health and beauty, group exercise & much more! Yadkin Family YMCA 6540 Service Road Yadkinville NC 27055
Saturday, November 10
• 8:00 a.m. - until American Cancer Society Relay for Life Fundraiser. Sponsored by Yadkin Medical Associates 305 E. Lee Avenue (Parking Lot) Yard Sale Vendors Needed. $10 per vendor space. Call 679-2661. • 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Fall Rabies Clinic at Grandview Animal Hospital/Dr. Robbins 6043 Old Hwy 421, East Bend. $7 Shot 1 & 3 year vaccination. Please bring your pet on a leash or in a carrier. Pets must be 3 months of age. If your pet is getting the 3 year vaccine you must bring paperwork to the clinic. Rabies tags ARE NOT proof.
•6 p.m.-11p.m.-The Forbush High School Class of 1977 and 1978 will hold their 35th Class Reunion at Allison Oaks Vineyard located at 221 E. Main Street, Yadkinville, NC. For reunion details contact Steve Gentry at email@example.com or by phone at 336-945-4432.
Sunday, November 11
•2:30 p.m.-The Yadkin County Historical Society and the East Bend Senior Center will present a program of exhibits called “Families of Historic East Bend” at the East Bend Senior Center, 473 East Main Street, East Bend, NC 27018. This program will honor the families of the historic East Bend community, which includes northeast Yadkin County bordering the east bend of the Yadkin River. Exhibits will present its natural history and geography, stories about the First Americans (Indians), first European, African and Hispanic families, and current families; miniatures of historic architecture of homes, schools, churches, mills, mill dams, farms, and businesses; stories about home life, school life, church life, business and farm life; maps of family and church cemeteries; stories about military veterans who served in all wars and conflicts; influence of the Yadkin River; and history of the Town of East Bend, its development, recreation, celebrations, etc. There are a limited number of exhibit tables, which planners will assign on a first come, first served basis. The wearing of historical clothing or costuming is encouraged. The program is free and open to the public. Contact Rhonda Beavers, (336) 699-5100, firstname.lastname@example.org, Andrew L. Mackie (336) 428-8741, email@example.com, or Vicki (Hall) Davis, (336) 725-2061, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, November 14
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m.-Toys for Tots applications for families needing assistance for Christmas 2012 will be taken at KFC in Elkin. Toys for Tots provides Christmas toys for children that would not otherwise have a Christmas. Donations of new toys can be made at Feed Sak in Dobson, Dollar General Store in Boonville or Jonesville, and Joshua’s Angel Center (1228 Lightning Cross Road, Boonville). Joshua’s Angel Center is Yadkin County’s Coordinator for Toys for Tots.
New Service, ALPHA Family Counseling, Rev. Jim Martin, PHD, CHt, parttime, Thursday, Friday, Saturday for appointment, (336)463-0001, if not available at the time my cell will answer. True traditional counseling vehicle and hypnosis for self-esteem, stress, etc. Be glad to hear from you.
• 10:30 a.m.—Preschool storytime for ages 2-5 will be held at the Boonville Community Public Library every Thursday. This will consist of stories, songs, and crafts. For more information, call 367-7737. All of our libraries of the NWRL System has access of Ancestry.com for the year of 2012. Patrons can research the web through our libraries for the year. The Boonville Community Public Library is a branch of thirteen libraries of the Northwestern Regional Library System.
•6:30 p.m.-East Bend Happy Quilters Guild, Meets 2nd Tuesday of each month at East Bend Senior Center. For more information call (336)699-3970.
•10 a.m.-The Yadkin River Quilters meet at the Yadkin Senior Center every Tuesday.
•4 p.m.-6:30 p.m.- p.m.-Yadkin Farmers Market,open every Tuesday Evenings , Now closing on Saturdays. Off US 601 North Take a right on Tennessee Rd. beside the Yadkinville Community Park. The Yadkin Farmers Market will be on the left behind the park. Selling fresh in season produce, plants, honey, baked goods, homemade crafts, eggs, muscadines, scuppernong, sweet potatos, pumpkins, crowder peas molasses, herbs, flowers, etc.
If you are in need of clothing for your family members we would like to invite you to visit the Courtney Clothing Closet located in Building C of Courtney Baptist Church. The church is located at 3341 Courtney Church Road. The church is South of Yadkinville off Hwy 601 just pass the Yadkin Valley Telephone offices on Courtney Huntsville Road, then right onto Courtney Church Rd. The hours are Wednesdays 2-4p.m. and Thursdays 10 a.m.-4 p.m. For more information call the church at (336)463-2681
• A fall men’s softball league is being planned at Lone Hickory. If you are interested in putting a team in the league, please call 336-463-2761 as soon as possible.
•We are searching for old photos of Lone Hickory July 4th celebration or other events held at Lone Hickory (ball tournaments, donkey ball game, etc.) If you have photos we can borrow, please call (336)463-2449 or 463-2439 as soon as possible. Photos will be scanned and returned to you.
•6:30 p.m.-Every Thursday of each week we hold a program called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) weight loss program. Each program has special tips and techniques to help benefit losing those unwanted pounds. Meeting at your local Boonville Community Public Library. Any Questions please call 336-367-7737
•8 a.m.-New Horizons Adults Day Services is taking donations for their thrift shop, 1917 Old Hwy 421 W. Yadkinville. For more information call 677-1385
•6 p.m.-Bingo every Tuesday at the Yadkin Moose Lodge. ATTENTION: Effectively immediately! Monthly distributions of USDA Commodity Foods will no longer be distributed at the Moose Lodge in Yadkinville. They will now be distributed on an on-going basis through “partner agencies” of Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest N.C. Families needing food assistance will need to contact one of the following agencies: Divino Redentor Catholic Church, 209 Lon Ave. Boonville, 336-367-7067, Tri-County Christian Ministries, 440 W. Main St, Jonesville, 336-526-1089, Yadkin Christian Ministries, 121 W. Elm St. Yadkinville, 336-677-3080, Yadkin Christian Ministries, East Bend, 336-699-4544.
Submission guidelines for calendar events:
One-time events may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.