• 2:30 p.m., the Yadkin County Historical Society will hold its regular general meeting at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. The book committee for the new Heritage of Yadkin County will lead a discussion for writers of articles on family households, veterans, churches, schools, businesses and special topics, since the committee extended the deadline for articles to July 31. For more information, call 336-679-2702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Diabetes classes for seniors to be offered at East Bend Senior Center. Contact Rhonda Beavers at 336-699-5100 for more information.
• 6 p.m., Mountain View Baptist Church of Hamptonville will host vacation Bible school June 22-26 from 6 to 9 p.m. There will be Bible classes available for everyone 3 years old through adult along with missions, music, crafts and recreation. This year’s theme will be Lifeway’s “Journey Off the Map.” Mountain View will also host a VBS Kick-Off Festival on June 21 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Call the church office at 336-468-8199 if you have questions.
•10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Believers Baptist Church VBS, across from Yadkinville Fire Department with Christian olympics, crafts, bouncing house and word of God.
• 5 to 8 p.m., Forbush High School Class of 1989, 26th class reunion, will be held at Union Grove Baptist Church fellowship hall.
• The deadline for submitting articles and photographs and ordering copies of The Heritage of Yadkin County, North Carolina, Volume III, has been extended to July 31. Articles need to be submitted to email@example.com. 5×7 glossy, black and white prints of original photos need to be mailed to PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, or dropped off at the Tulbert House, 216 N Van Buren Street, Yadkinville. The Tulbert House phone number is 336-679-2702. The office is open every Thursday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. or by appointment. The book committee meets the fourth Tuesday in every month at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock Street, Yadkinville. Volunteers are needed to prepare the book for publication and sale.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Now featuring lettuce, greens, beets, eggs, strawberries, and more. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.