WEST JEFFERSON — Elkin’s Lady Elks continued their domination on the tennis court with a win over Ashe County on Tuesday.
The Lady Elks (6-0) have started out strong this season, not really giving their competition much hope so far. They continued doing so with a 9-0 win against Ashe County. Ultimately, nobody lost a single set, a feat they were able to do in their last win, a 9-0 win against West Wilkes.
The girls look strong, and hoped to keep it that way with a win against Alleghany on Thursday at home at 4:30. Following Thursday’s game, the Lady Elks will have 12 days off before their next match, a home match against East Wilkes. After the Cardinals, the Lady Elks only have two games left in the regular season. East Wilkes perhaps gave the Lady Elks the best fight so far this season, despite the 8-1 loss.
At press time, results against Alleghany were still pending.
1. Miracle Walters, E def Keely Caddell, A, 6-1, 6-0
2. Mattie Timmerman, E def Morgan Church, A, 6-0, 6-1
3. Ally Gentry, E def Caroline Current, A, 7-6 (2), 6-0
4. Morgan Randleman, E def Josie Cooper, A , 6-4, 6-3
5. Brianna Dreyer, E def Callie Powell, A, 6-0, 6-1
6. Kirstan Beaver, E def Anna Corley, A 6-2, 6-0
1. Walters/Randleman, E def Caddell/Cooper, A 8-1
2. Timmerman/Emma Aldridge, E def Church/Current, A, 8-5
3. Dreyer/Beaver, E def Powell/Kaylie Fernandez, A 8-2
Ryan DeCosta can be reached at 336-258-4052 or via Twitter @rsdecosta.