• Dewey’s Bakery items will be sold by the Forbush High School Marching Band’s Boosters at Collide Church, 234 E. Main St., Yadkinville, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 2 to 6 p.m. on Dec. 13 and Dec. 20. Items sold will include sugar cake, Moravian cookies, cheese straws, gift baskets and more.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Theo’s Italian & Family Restaurant, Starmount Crossing Shopping Center, Jonesville, will hold its 19th annual Thanksgiving dinner in memory of Keith Combs. The free community meal is assisted by contributions from IFH, Pepsi, US Foods, Graphics Printing and Swift Realtors. Meal will include roasted turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and pumpkin pie. For more information, call 336-526-5888.
• 1 to 3 p.m., Boonville author Shawn Gibson will be signing copies of his book, “Did God Really Say That?,” at Diana’s Bookstore, 222 E. Main St., Elkin.
• 5:30 p.m., the East Bend Senior Center presents Small Town Christmas at the East Bend Fire Department. There will be pinto beans, chicken stew and desserts. Bring a bowl and spoon and three cans of food for the East Bean Christian Ministry. There will be devotion and Christmas caroling with a choir, lighting of the Christmas tree and door prizes. Bring a camera for a picture with Santa. For more information, call 336-699-5100.
• 10 a.m., Elkin Public Library, 111 N. Front St., Elkin, hosts its Book Babies program lasting 20 to 25 minutes each Thursday for children age birth to 24 months and their caregiver. They are free.
• 7:30 p.m., Candlelight Christmas in Rockford will be held at the 1914 Rockford Methodist Church, Historic Village of Rockford. The 25th year of the Christmas tradition will be led by Dr. Gena Poovey, professor of music at Limestone College in Gaffney, South Carolina. It is sponsored by the Rockford Preservation Society Inc. Thursday will feature Poovey, accompanied by Adam Rudisill, Gene Anderson and Reel Shady, Ashley Godwin and Devin Matthews, Gaynell and Michael Lambert and the Surry Central High School chorus directed by Angie Smith. Friday will feature Poovey, accompanied by Dr. David P. Thompson, Ashley Godwin and Devin Matthews, Susie Cooper and Candel Firth, Marshall Brothers and High Road and Limestone College chorus directed by Poovey. Refreshments will be served following the programs. The 1850 Davenport Gallery will be open before and after the programs, and shuttle van service will be available beginning at 6:30 p.m. from the Rockford Baptist Church parking lot provided by YVEDDI.
• 10 a.m. for 2- and 3-year-olds; 11 a.m. for 4- and 5-year-olds, Elkin Public Library, 111 N. Front St., Elkin, hosts its Preschool Story Hour each Friday. The theme is Soups On.
• 5 to 9 p.m., downtown Elkin will host Light Up Night featuring live performances, buggy rides, Santa, a lantern parade, carolers and other activities for children and adults. The tree lighting ceremony will be held at 6:30 p.m. The Foothills Arts Council will host its Open Air Art Market as well.
• 6 p.m., the annual Yadkinville Christmas tree lighting ceremony will be held at Yadkinville Community Park. Light refreshments will be provided along with holiday music.
• 10 a.m., the Yadkinville Christmas Parade will be held. To join the parade, call the Yadkinville Fire Department at 336-679-8691.
• 4 p.m., the Boonville Parade and Christmas tree lighting ceremony will be held with festivities beginning at 4 p.m. and the parade at 5 p.m. Holiday music will be heard throughout Boonville, and there will be food donations of nonperishable foods will be collected for the Yadkin Christian Ministries. Monetary donations also are accepted. To participate in the parade, call Boonville Flower & Decor at 336-367-7651.
• 6 to 9 p.m., Arlington First Baptist Church in Jonesville will present an outdoor nativity drama, “It’s All About Jesus.” The show will run every 30 minutes, and those visiting can watch from their vehicles.
• Beginning Nov. 1, First Baptist Church will be offering a free class on how to make Chrismons. This class is open for the community. Classes will begin at 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. each Sunday until Dec. 20. This class is for anyone from six years on up. Parents are welcome to attend with their children and work along with them as they make their ornament. The biblical meaning of the ornament will be taught at each class. All supplies are furnished for one ornament per person per class. All ornaments are made from gold beads and pearls. Any questions, call Shirley Phillips 336-679-2817.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.