July 31-Aug. 1
• Huge church yard sale will be held Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Yadkinville across from Dollar General with clothes, household, heater and more.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Faith Fellowship Church will be having its Back to School Community Bash behind YMCA in Yadkinville. Free games and free fun.
• 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., VBS will be held at Bread Of Life Baptist Church.
• The deadline for submitting articles and photographs and ordering copies of The Heritage of Yadkin County, North Carolina, Volume III, has been extended to July 31. Articles need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. 5×7 glossy, black and white prints of original photos need to be mailed to PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, or dropped off at the Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St., Yadkinville. The Tulbert House phone number is 336-679-2702. The office is open every Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or by appointment. The book committee meets the fourth Tuesday in every month at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. Volunteers are needed to prepare the book for publication and sale.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Now featuring beans, potatoes, squash, broccoli, onions, honey, eggs, plants and more. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.