• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Glenns Chapel Church, 2200 Longtown Road, East Bend, will have a yard sale and fish fry.
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Garden space available in the Yadkinville Community Garden, Monroe at Elm St. Gardeners will be available on Saturday to help. All produce belongs to the person who grew it. It is recommended that gardeners share their produce with those in need. For more information contact Sam Williams 336-679-2133.
• 6 p.m., all descendants of the Jess and Wilda Davis family are invited to attend the Davis reunion. The reunion will be held at Forbush Friends Church fellowship hall. Everyone is encouraged to attend and bring a covered dish.
• 6:45 p.m., Yadkinville Volunteer Fire Department annual meeting will be held at the fire station. This meeting will consist of time for members to elect three directors to serve a three-year term. The incumbents are Sam Williams, Charles Dinkins and Michael Willard.
• 12:30 p.m., Deep Creek Friends Meeting to host a golf tournament at Silo Run Golf Course. Registration and a free lunch begin at 12:30 pm. Putting contest at 1:30 p.m., and play time begins at 2 p.m. Cost is $200 per team (four-person team), $50 per golfer. Sponsors, door prizes and players needed. If interested, contact Jay Brendle at 336-679-8089 or Jared Warden at 336-428-0775.
• 7 p.m., Civitan Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601, with Stan Bobbitt playing oldies and gospel. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville School. No alcohol and no coolers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan.
• 7 p.m., Civitan Music in the Park will be held at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601, with Sound Factory playing country and oldies. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville Elementary School. No alcohol and no coolers. Hamburgers, hot dogs, snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]