• 6 p.m., Bingo benefiting Yadkin County United Fund at the Yadkin Moose Lodge, 1432 Country Club Road, Yadkinville. Doors open at 5 p.m. Cost is $25 for 20 games, one coverall and 10 door prize tickets. Games may be purchased at the door or reserved by calling YCUF at 336-679-4462.
• 7 to 10 a.m., Country Breakfast and Bake Sale, 2733 Hanes Grove Church, U.S. Hwy 21.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., New Birth Worship Center “Keepers of Faith” Committee to host a ladies seminar for ages 13 to 25 with keynote speaker Dr. Nina Connors, gynecologist and obstetrician from Charlotte. This will be a practical forum for understanding the female anatomy. Issues will be discussed that young girls and young women encounter and have questions about concerning their bodies from a Christian perspective. In addition, there will be etiquette and make-up classes along with a nutritious lunch. The address for New Birth Worship Center is 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend.
• 10 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Mount Zion Baptist Church will host Chalk Art evangelist the Rev. Dwight Haynes and his family at 2725 E. Old 421 Hwy., Yadkinville. For more information about the Good News Chalk Talks and this service, 336-679-3425 or read more at www.chalktalks.net.
• 7 p.m., spring revival services at Liberty Baptist Church, 2433 Liberty Church Road, Mocksville, (near Lone Hickory). Guest speaker will be Brother Leonard Fletcher of Johnson City, Tennessee. For more information, call Pastor Noel Hawks at 336-486-3540.
• 9 a.m. to noon, job fair at Yadkin Center of Surry Community College with 15 to 20 employers on site recruiting.
• 2 to 5 p.m., Willowbrook Rehabilitation and Care Center to host Vendor Day at Willowbrook, 333 E. Lee Ave., Yadkinville.
• 5 p.m., children’s clothing and toy sale at Center United Methodist Church, 1400 Center Road, Yadkinville, on Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 8 to 11 a.m. Half-price sale on select items on Saturday. Come choose from the huge selection of items that will be available. For more information on how to be a consignor, call 336-679-2519 or [email protected]
• 6 p.m., The Christian singers Galations 2 will share in music at Pilot View Friends Meeting.
• 1 to 5 p.m., Red Cross Local Disaster Action Team training at the Human Services Building, 217 E. Willow St., Yadkinville. Registration is required. Send an email to [email protected] or call 336-332-6916.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Yadkin County Beautification Committee to host a Stop Litter NOW Summit at the Yadkin County Agricultural & Educational Building.
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]