7 p.m., the Yadkin County GOP will be having the Annual County Convention at the Yadkin County Courthouse.
• 5 p.m., Relay For Life fundraiser at the Yadkin Moose Lodge. Doors open at 5, starts at 6. There will be food, a cake auction and door prizes.
• 29th annual Shamrock 5k & 10k Run and fun walk through historic Mocksville sponsored by St. Francis Church. Registration Link: www.ShamrockRunNC.com. For more information, email [email protected] or call the church office at 336-751-2973.
• 7 p.m., Union Grove Baptist Church, 2401 Nebo Road, Yadkinville, will host a gospel concert featuring the LeFevre Quartet. The Boys will be opening the concert. For more information, call 336-469-0398 or 336-468-0204.
• 10 a.m., The Yadkin County Historical Society will present a program on unusual epitaphs engraved on Yadkin County grave markers at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock Street, Yadkinville. Following the program, the group will dedicate recently discarded grave markers at the Garden of Gravestone Art, 216 N. Van Buren Street, Yadkinville. The meeting and dedication are free and open to anyone who is interested. For more information, contact Andrew Mackie, 336-428-8471, or [email protected]
• The Yadkin County Beekeepers Association meets the second Monday of every month at the Yadkin Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville, with 6 p.m. dinner and social, 7 p.m. guest speaker. All visitors interested in bees and/or beekeeping are welcome.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]