• 7 to 10 a.m., pancake breakfast at The Yadkin Senior Center in Yadkinville for The New Home Pregnancy.
• 8 p.m., Wounded Warrior Project Benefit: Empire Wrestling Alliance Presents Bridge Street Brawl at the Elkin National Guard Armory. All proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. Tickets $10 at the door, or just $8 in advance available at Elkin Lube Shop at 366 CC Camp Road, across from Shiki’s. For more information, call 336-902-3727.
• New Birth Worship Center (NBWC) Church family will celebrate pastor, Dr. James L.E. Hunt, and First Lady, Elvita A. Hunt 15th Pastoral Anniversary on July 18 and 19. On July 18, there will be a banquet at the Elks Lodge, 2585 Griffith Road, Winston-Salem (Catered food, live gospel jazz, guest soloist, etc.) The guest speaker will be the Rev. Timothy W. Bridges, pastor of Shady Grove Baptist Church, East Spencer. (RSVP at 336-699-3583, $25 cash non-members). On July 19, Minister Kevin Gibson, associated minister of Friendship Baptist Church, Winston-Salem, will be the guest speaker at 10 a.m. at NBWC. Our theme is “A New Beginning, And A New Start.” For additional information, call the church, 336-699-3583 or visit www.newbirthworshipcenter.org. The address for NBWC is 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend.
• Special guest speaker at Maplewood Baptist Church will be Christina Milford, executive director of Pregnancy Care Center & Hebron House in Jamaica. A nursery for infants and toddlers will be provided. The church is located off U.S. 421 at exit #256 (Unifi Industrial Road). For more information, call the church office at 679-3555 or check out www.maplewoodbc.org.
• 10 a.m., Yadkin Elite Girls Basketball Team will be holding a fundraiser at Performance Motors, 231 Oak St., Jonesville. There will be a car wash, donations will be accepted, along with a hot dog and bake sale. Supports local youth. For more information, call 336-658-4739.
July 26, 29 and Aug. 1-2
• Maplewood Baptist Church hosts VBS with the theme Journey off the Map, July 26 and July 29 from 6 to 8:45 p.m., Aug. 1 from 10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. and Aug. 2 from 5 to 7 p.m. with family celebration following from 7 to 8 p.m. There will be classes for children and middle-schoolers. Advance register at www.maplewoodbc.org or call the church office at 336-679-3555.
• The deadline for submitting articles and photographs and ordering copies of The Heritage of Yadkin County, North Carolina, Volume III, has been extended to July 31. Articles need to be submitted to email@example.com. 5×7 glossy, black and white prints of original photos need to be mailed to PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, or dropped off at the Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St., Yadkinville. The Tulbert House phone number is 336-679-2702. The office is open every Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. or by appointment. The book committee meets the fourth Tuesday in every month at the Yadkin County Senior Center, 207 E. Hemlock St., Yadkinville. Volunteers are needed to prepare the book for publication and sale.
• Yadkin Farmers Market has in season, local, farm fresh produce. Now featuring beans, potatoes, squash, broccoli, onions, honey, eggs, plants and more. Monthly drawings to win a market basket full of goodies. Located behind the Town Community Park at 1141 Tennessee St. Open Tuesday and Thursday 3 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. to noon. Find us on Facebook.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.