• 10 a.m., The Keepers of the Faith Christian girls club for ages 5-18 in Yadkin County meeting will be at New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2 to 4 p.m., the second annual Civil War Authors’ Gathering will be held at Richmond Hill Law School, with Michael Hardy, author, reenactor. Authors Clint Johnson and Chris Harley also will be on hand with their books, and once again Pamala Bascum will provide period music as outside reenactors from the 28th NC Troops, Yadkin Stars & Yadkin boys, will be strolling the grounds and demonstrating cannon fire periodically during the afternoon.
• 3 to 6 p.m., fall festival at Willowbrook in Yadkinville.
• 5:30 p.m., East Bend United Methodist Church, Main Street, will host its annual chicken/oyster stew and auction sale. Soup bowls and spoons will be provided or guests may bring their own. There is no charge, but donations will be accepted. Funds will be used toward local ministries.
• 9:15 a.m. and 10:45 a.m., Worship Collective, musicians from Liberty University, to perform at Salem Baptist Church in Dobson. Visit www.salembaptistdobson.com for more information.
• 6 p.m., Marler Road Baptist Church in Hamptonville will host The Whisnants in concert. For more information, call 336-468-8610.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Baltimore UMC seventh annual cruise-in with food, music will be held rain or shine. Food will be available. For more information, call 336-961-6508.
• 6 p.m., Domestic Violence Awareness candlelight vigil at First Baptist Church of Yadkinville. Call 336-849-4070 or email email@example.com for more information.
• 8 a.m. to noon, yard sale at Hanes Grove United Methodist Church in Hamptonville, with ham and sausage biscuits for sale.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., fall rabies clinic and adoption event, $10 shot, cash only, at Yadkin County Animal Shelter, 1027 Speaks St., Yadkinville. Bring pet on a leash or in a carrier. Pets must be 3 months of age. If pet is getting the three-year vaccination, owner must bring paperwork to the clinic. Rabies tags are not proof. Sponsors: Yadkin Co. Health Dept. & Yadkin County Humane Society.
• 2 to 5 p.m., fall festival for Jesus will be held at Believers Baptist Church across from Yadkinville Fire Department, 728 U.S. 601 N., with games prizes, chicken stew, special guest singing by Tony Rickard and others.
• 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., fall rabies clinic and adoption event, $10 shot, cash only, at Yadkin Veterinary Hospital, 5532 Hwy. 601 N. in Yadkinville. Bring pet on a leash or in a carrier. Pets must be 3 months of age. If pet is getting the three-year vaccination, owner must bring paperwork to the clinic. Rabies tags are not proof. Sponsors: Yadkin Co. Health Dept. & Yadkin County Humane Society.
• Mountain View Baptist Church of Hamptonville will be hosting fall revival services beginning Nov. 6 with 8 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. services. Fall revival continues Nov. 7-9 at 7 p.m. There will be a different guest speaker and special singing each evening. Mountain View is located at 1232 Mountain View Church Road in Hamptonville. For more information, call the church office at 336-468-8199 or visit church website at www.mountainviewchurch.net.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to firstname.lastname@example.org.