• 9 to 11 a.m., The Fun Friday Kids of First Baptist Church, Yadkinville, will be honoring the law enforcement of Yadkin County in the fellowship hall. This event is to show support and appreciation during this time of stress and turmoil. The community is invited to drop in to share in this event.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Back To School Celebration with backpack giveaway at Faith Fellowship, 5212 U.S. 601 North, beside Gentry Funeral Home, Yadkinville. Call 336-679-8219 for more information.
• 7 p.m., Yadkin Civitan Music in the Park will have a free concert featuring Taylor Vaden, a tribune to Elvis, at Yadkinville Community Park across from Yadkinville School. Hamburgers, hot dogs snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville Elementary School.
• 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., port-a-pit barbecue fundraiser hosted by Yadkinville United Methodist Church to benefit Mountain Valley Hospice & Palliative Care. Tickets are $10 and include half chicken, baked beans, slaw and dessert. Tickets are on sale now from several volunteers in the community or by calling 336-679-2466.
• 7 p.m., a concert will be held at Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road in Boonville, featuring the Chuckwagon Gang and Brady Miller. A love offering will be received. For more information, call 336-468-0204 or 336-367-7456.
• 7 to 11 a.m., breakfast at Hanes Grove Church, 2733 U.S. 21, Hamptonville, will benefit the Building Fund.
•10 a.m., New Birth Worship Center (NBWC) Missionary Society to host a free Community Health and Wellness Fair at East Bend Senior Community Center, 473 E. Main St., East Bend. There will be informative and educational information from medical and public safety departments. Flu shots will be available from 10 a.m. to noon, bring an insurance card. In addition, there will be health checks, drawings for prizes, a kid’s corner (bring a bike and helmet to ride an obstacle course),blood pressure screening, healthy snacks. For additional information, call Ann Taylor at 336-210-7615 or call the church, 336-699-3583.
7 p.m., Yadkin Civitan Music in the Park will have a free concert. Back by popular demand is Rain Jacket playing oldies at Yadkinville Community Park on U.S. 601 across from Yadkinville School. Hamburgers, hot dogs snacks and homemade ice cream by Yadkin Civitan. In case of rain, concert will move to Yadkinville Elementary School.
• 7:30 p.m., Northwood Baptist Church, 1309 Northwood Baptist Church Road, Yadkinville, a youth camp has evolved into a nightly tent revivial under the leadership of Jonathan Barker, pastor of Amazing Grace Church. For more information, call Barker at 336-466-6242.
• 8 to 10:30 a.m., the Courtney Ruritan Club is showing its appreciation and support of veterans and active duty military by inviting them every second Tuesday of the month for free coffee and donuts at the Deep Creek Community Center, 2120 Brawley Road. For further information, call Ed Gregory at 336-940-3656.
• 3 p.m., Community Drum Circle each Sunday in Central Park in King. Open to everyone. No experience necessary. Extra drums are available for use. No alcohol. Weather update or additional information can be found on Facebook. Search Pinnacle Drum Circle; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone 336-368-3866.
• YVEDDI Head Start is accepting applications. Information needed to complete application includes child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. Head Start offers free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, and serves children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by Aug. 31. For more information, call 336-367-7175 or 336-463-4137.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.