June 7, 8, 15
• 11 a.m. to noon, Welcome to Medicare: Hosted by the Blue Moon Benefits Group, this educational presentation will help people understand the basics of starting Medicare and the options available to them. The presentation is free to attend, but registration is recommended. Register by calling 778-1070 or go online to TriadMedicare.com. Upcoming meeting dates: June 7 at the Robinhood Family YMCA located at 3474 Robinhood Road in Winston-Salem; June 8 at the First Baptist Church located at 412 N. Main St. in Mocksville; June 15 at the WN Ireland Agency located at 113 E. Main St. in Yadkinville.
• 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., the American Legion Post 505 will hold its annual yard sale. Space rent is $10. Furnish tables and canopy if one is desired. Spaces are rented on a first come and first served basic. Gates will be open at 6 a.m. Reserve a space early to get the best spot. Food and refreshments will be available from Post 505. The American Legion Post is located on Semper Fi Lane off Bethel Church Road. Contact Commander Chuck Knight at 336-469-0091 or 336-468-8421 for space rental. Contact the Ladies Auxiliary President Judi Phillips at 336-426-9963.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., VBS “Grow With God” Believers Baptist, 728 N. State St., Hwy. 601, Yadkinville, across from the fire department. Crafts, bible lessons, games and food.
• 8 to 10:30 a.m., the Courtney Ruritan Club is showing its appreciation and support of veterans and active duty military by inviting them every second Tuesday of the month for free coffee and donuts at the Deep Creek Community Center, 2120 Brawley Road. For further information, call Ed Gregory at 336-940-3656.
• 3 p.m., Community Drum Circle each Sunday in Central Park in King. Open to everyone. No experience necessary. Extra drums are available for use. No alcohol. Weather update or additional information can be found on Facebook. Search Pinnacle Drum Circle; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone 336-368-3866.
• YVEDDI Head Start is accepting applications. Information needed to complete application includes child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. Head Start offers free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, and serves children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by Aug. 31. For more information, call 336-367-7175 or 336-463-4137.
• 9:45 to 10:45 a.m., Sundays, “When Christians Get It Wrong” is the title of the series of lessons being taught by Thom Summey at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. The class is held on second floor of fellowship hall and is for anyone older than 18.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• 7 p.m., the Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.