• 11 a.m. to noon, Welcome to Medicare: Hosted by the Blue Moon Benefits Group, this educational presentation will help people understand the basics of starting Medicare and the options available to them. The presentation is free to attend, but registration is recommended. Register by calling 336-778-1070 or go online to TriadMedicare.com. They will be 11 a.m. to noon on May 18 at the WN Ireland Agency located at 113 E. Main St. in Yadkinville.
• 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend, will celebrate their 19th church anniversary. The 10 a.m. guest speaker will be Rev. William Conrad. The 3 p.m. speaker will be Rev. James Clyburn, Sr. and congregation from Redbank Baptist Church, Germanton. NBWC Angels of Mercy Dance Ministry will perform. The pastor is Dr. James L.E. Hunt. For additional information, call 336-699-3583 or visit www.newbirthworshipcenter.org.
• 11 a.m., Center United Methodist Church, 1796-2016, special service celebrating 220 years with special music, bounce house, games and fellowship. Attendees asked to wear red or dress in period costumes. Dinner to follow on the grounds, attendees asked to bring a dish to share.
• 7 p.m., Union Grove Baptist Church, 2401 Nebo Road, Yadkinville, will host the legendary Chuckwagon Gang in concert with doors opening at 6 p.m. The Boys from Enon Baptist Church will open the concert. A love offering will be received. For more information, call 336-961-5792.
• 9:30 a.m. to noon, New Birth Worship Center, 1033 Newbirth Drive, East Bend, invites every lady from 6 to 100 years of age to join them for a Devotional Women’s Prayer Breakfast. Bringing together women of faith to encourage one another. This event is sponsored by the Christian Education Department. The pastor is Dr. James L.E. Hunt. For additional information, please call 336-699-3583 ext. 108, or visit the website at www.newbirthworshipcenter.org.
• 2 to 4 p.m., Richmond Hill Law School will be open to the public.
• 10:30 a.m., Deep Creek May Meeting at the Community Center at 2248 Brawley Road for outdoor worship followed by a fellowship lunch.
• 11 a.m., Memorial Day Celebration at the Yadkin County Park.
• The American Legion Post 505 will hold its annual yard sale. Space rent is $10. Furnish tables and canopy if one is desired. Spaces are rented on a first come and first served basic. Yard sale hours will be 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gates will be open at 6 a.m. Reserve your space early to get the best spot. Food and refreshments will be available from post 505. The American Legion post is located on Semper Fi Lane off Bethel Church Road. Contact Commander Chuck Knight at 336-469-0091 or 336-468-8421 for space rental. Contact the Ladies Auxiliary President Judi Phillips at 336-426-9963.
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. VBS “Grow With God” Believers Baptist, 728 N. State St., Hwy. 601, Yadkinville, across from the Fire Department. Crafts, bible lessons, games and food.
• The Courtney Ruritan Club would like to show our appreciation and support of our veterans and active duty military by inviting them every second Tuesday of the month for free coffee and donuts from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Deep Creek Community Center, 2120 Brawley Road. For further information call Ed Gregory 336-940-3656
• Community Drum Circle each Sunday, 3 p.m. in Central Park in King. Open to everyone. No experience necessary. Extra drums are available for use. No alcohol please. Weather update or additional info can be found on Facebook. Search Pinnacle Drum Circle. email: [email protected] or phone 336-368-3866.
• YVEDDI Head Start is accepting applications. Information needed to complete application includes child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. Head Start offers free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, and serves children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by Aug. 31. For more information, call 336-367-7175 or 463-4137.
• Sundays, “When Christians Get It Wrong” is the title of the series of lessons being taught by Thom Summey at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. The class is held on second floor of fellowship hall from 9:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. and is for anyone older than 18.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]