• 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., a blood drive will be held at Forbush High School, 1521 Falcon Road, East Bend.
• 8 a.m., the Yadkin Valley Cruisers will have their annual yard sale at Larry and Brenda Shores home on 1449 Shacktown Road. Rain Date is May 6.
• 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boonville United Methodist Church in the hut behind church, 116 N. Carolina Ave., will host a church-wide yard sale along with a breakfast, hot dog lunch and bake sale.
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Yadkin County Animal Shelter “Adopt a Shelter Pet” adoption event and rabies clinic. Call 336-677-2500 for more information.
• 5 p.m., The Lance Corporal Daniel Freeman Swaim Scholarship fundraiser dinner will be held at the Yadkinville Moose Lodge located on Country Club road. Tickets are $50. Each ticket purchased comes with two dinners. Drawdown will start between 6 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Carry-out will be available. When the drawdown starts the first ticket drawn goes back into the cage when there are only 10 tickets left so the first drawn gets a second chance to win. Each 25th ticket drawn wins $50. The 200th ticket drawn wins $2,500. Only 200 tickets will be sold. To purchase a ticket or for questions, contact Chuck Knight at 336-469-0091 or 336-679-8209 or David Shore at 336-469-1092.
• 6 p.m., The Beaver’s Family will share in music at Pilot View Friends Meeting. A love offering will be received for the group.
May 3, 4, 11, 18
• 11 a.m. to noon, Welcome to Medicare: Hosted by the Blue Moon Benefits Group, this educational presentation will help people understand the basics of starting Medicare and the options available to them. The presentation is free to attend, but registration is recommended. Register by calling 336-778-1070 or go online to TriadMedicare.com. They will be 11 a.m. to noon on May 3 at the Robinhood Family YMCA located at 3474 Robinhood Road in Winston-Salem; May 4 at the Broyhill Office Suites located at 3540 Clemmons Road in Clemmons; May 11 at the First Baptist Church located at 412 N. Main St. in Mocksville; May 18 at the WN Ireland Agency located at 113 E. Main St. in Yadkinville.
• 11 a.m., Center United Methodist Church, 1796-2016, special service celebrating 220 years with special music, bounce house, games and fellowship. Attendees asked to wear red or dress in period costumes. Dinner to follow on the grounds, attendees asked to bring a dish to share.
• 11 a.m., Memorial Day Celebration at the Yadkin County Park.
• The American Legion Post 505 will hold its annual yard sale. Space rent is $10. Furnish tables and canopy if one is desired. Spaces are rented on a first come and first served basic. Yard sale hours will be 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gates will be open at 6 a.m. Reserve your space early to get the best spot. Food and refreshments will be available from post 505. The American Legion post is located on Semper Fi Lane off Bethel Church Road. Contact Commander Chuck Knight at 336-469-0091 or 336-468-8421 for space rental. Contact the Ladies Auxiliary President Judi Phillips at 336-426-9963.
• Community Drum Circle each Sunday, 3 p.m. in Central Park in King. Open to everyone. No experience necessary. Extra drums are available for use. No alcohol please. Weather update or additional info can be found on Facebook. Search Pinnacle Drum Circle. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 336-368-3866.
• YVEDDI Head Start is accepting applications. Information needed to complete application includes child birth certificate, immunization record, verification of income for each parent, caregiver, (current w-2 tax forms), child support verification, Medicaid insurance card, documentation of child’s disability, a physical is required before enrollment. Head Start offers free health services, free dental service, free nutritious meal and snacks, individualized family support, and serves children with special needs, child must be 3 or 4 years by Aug. 31. For more information, call 336-367-7175 or 463-4137.
• Sundays, “When Christians Get It Wrong” is the title of the series of lessons being taught by Thom Summey at First Baptist Church, Yadkinville. The class is held on second floor of fellowship hall from 9:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. and is for anyone older than 18.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.