• 4:30 to 7 p.m., Chicken stew and gospel singing fundraiser to benefit Yadkin Christian Ministries at Longtown Pentecostal Holiness Church, 1408 Longtown Road. Gospel singing begins at 5 p.m. and is provided by Total Praise and The Enon Boys. Donations will be taken for Yadkin Christian Ministries to help neighbors in need. The meal includes chicken stew, drink, and dessert. If you like, bring your own bowl.
• 11 a.m., Welcome to Medicare: Hosted by the Blue Moon Benefits Group at Ireland Agency, 113 E. Main St., Yadkinville. This educational presentation will help people understand the basics of starting Medicare and the options available to them. The presentation is free to attend, but registration is recommended. Register by calling 778-1070 or go online to TriadMedicare.com.
• 3 p.m., Bingo to benefit SECU Hospice Home of Yadkin at Yadkin Moose Lodge 2149, 1432 Country Club Road, Yadkinville. Cost is 15 games, four packs $20, six packs $25, eight packs $30, extra packs $3 each. Each game valued at $100. Call 679-2466 for more information.
• 7 to 10 a.m., Courtney Baptist Church and Courtney Ruritan Club are sponsoring an all-you-can-eat country breakfast at Courtney Baptist Church fellowship hall, 3341 Courtney Church Road, Yadkinville. Tickets are $8 each and can be obtained from Yadkin Christian Ministries, Courtney Baptist Church, or at the door. All proceeds will go to Yadkin Christian Ministries to help the less fortunate people in Yadkin County. Any questions, call Jack Henderson at 336-757 2322.
• 28th annual Shamrock Run and Walk, 5K, 10K and fun walk through historic Mocksville sponsored by St. Francis Church. Proceeds to benefit Dragonfly House. Registration Link: www.ShamrockRunNC.com. Online registration closes noon, March 2. In person registration closes the day before or day of Race. Email Director@ShamrockNC.com or call 336- 751-2973 for more info.
• 6 p.m., Relay For Life Bingo at the Yadkinville Moose Lodge. Cost is $25 for cover all and 20 games, plus 10 free door prize tickets. Food available for $5. The ever popular cake auction will take place.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.