• 6:30 p.m., the seventh annual Basket and Tool Bingo will be held in the Surry Community College gym. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and game at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds go to SCC Knights’ athletic program. Cost is $20 for 20 games. A $30 combo includes 20 regular games, two bonus games and 12 door prize tickets. Hot dogs, pizza, nachos with cheese, baked goods and cold drinks will be available for purchase. For more information, call 336-326-5362 or 336-386-3276.
• 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Glen’s Chapel Church , 2220 Bloomtown Road, East Bend, will be having a holiday and bake sale.
• 4:30 p.m., Baltimore Church UMW will be having its annual chicken stew with auction following at 6 p.m.
• 3 to 6 p.m., Grace Bible Church, 5100 U.S. 601 in Yadkinville, will hold its annual BBQ dinner and auction. BBQ plates $8. Auction begins at 7 p.m.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., third annual vendor sale fundraiser for Yadkin County Relay for Life at the Yadkinville Moose lodge. A variety of vendors will be on hand selling all types of items.
• 6 p.m., Bingo fundraiser for Yadkin County Relay for Life at the Yadkinville Moose Lodge. Cost is $20 cards or $25 for cover all and 10 door prize tickets. Food provided.
Nov. 21 – 28
• 16th annual Forbush Rec Council Basketball Tournament for boys and girls recreation and travel teams, third through eighth grade. A $100 entry fee will include three-game guarantee. It will be held at two gym sites: Forbush Elementary School, 1400 Bloomtown Road, East Bend, and Forbush Middle School, 1431 Falcon Road, East Bend. Concessions available. To register or for more information, contact: Justin Shore at 336-469-1879, email: [email protected]
• Nov. 13-Dec. 24, a Dewey’s Gift Shop will be open at 234 E. Main St. in Yadkinville, Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 13 and 20 with a portion of the proceeds going to support the Forbush High School Marching Band.
• Beginning Nov. 1, First Baptist Church will be offering a free class on how to make Chrismons. This class is open for the community. Classes will begin at 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. each Sunday until Dec. 20. This class is for anyone from six years on up. Parents are welcome to attend with their children and work along with them as they make their ornament. The biblical meaning of the ornament will be taught at each class. All supplies are furnished for one ornament per person per class. All ornaments are made from gold beads and pearls. Any questions, call Shirley Phillips 336-679-2817.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calenadar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]