• Deadline for the Heritage of Yadkin County, Vol. III — Send articles, photographs and book orders at $58.71 to Yadkin County Historical Society, P.O. Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, telephone 336-679-2702, [email protected], or deliver to Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St. (behind Wells Fargo Bank), Yadkinville, Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 2 to 4 p.m., Believers Baptist Church, Fall Festival For Jesus will feature chicken stew, games, bounce house, face painting.
• 2 to 6 p.m. Grace Bible Fall Festival with games, activities, candy, face painting and more at 5100 Hwy 601 in Yadkinville.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Maplewood Baptist Church will host a drop by “safe alternative” Trunk or Treat this Halloween. Kids will “trick or treat” along the circle drive where cars and trucks will be decorated and folks will be handing out candy. For questions, contact the church office at 336-679-3555.
• 6 p.m., the Shady Grove Quartet will share in music at Pilot View Friends Meeting. A love offering will be received for the group.
• 7 to 10 a.m., community breakfast to benefit the new Yadkin County hospice home. All donations will be given to Mountain Valley Hospice for the construction of the hospice home.
• 4 p.m., Forbush Friends Meeting, 4460 Forbush Road, East Bend, will have its annual auction, chicken stew and hot dog supper. Auction starts at 6 p.m. Proceeds will go to missions. For more information, call 336-961-3033.
• 5 p.m. “Death in Them Thar Hills” Mystery Dinner Theater at Boonville United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 116 N. Carolina Ave. Boonville. Tickets: $20, includes BBQ dinner. Wear Your Best Western Duds! For Tickets Call: 336-367-7122 Limited Seating Available.
• 6:30 p.m., the seventh annual Basket and Tool Bingo will be held in the Surry Community College gym. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and game at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds go to SCC Knights’ athletic program. Cost is $20 for 20 games. A $30 combo includes 20 regular games, two bonus games and 12 door prize tickets. Hot dogs, pizza, nachos with cheese, baked goods and cold drinks will be available for purchase. For more information, call 336-326-5362 or 336-386-3276.
Nov. 21 – 28
• 16th annual Forbush Rec Council Basketball Tournament for boys and girls recreation and travel teams, third through eighth grade. A $100 entry fee will include three-game guarantee. It will be held at two gym sites: Forbush Elementary School, 1400 Bloomtown Road, East Bend, and Forbush Middle School, 1431 Falcon Road, East Bend. Concessions available. To register or for more information, contact: Justin Shore at 336-469-1879, email: [email protected]
• Beginning Nov. 1 First Baptist Church will be offering a free class on how to make Chrismons . This class is open for the community. Classes will begin at 9:45 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. each Sunday morning until December 20. This class is for anyone from six years on up. Parents are welcome to attend with their children and work along with them as they make their ornament. The biblical meaning of the ornament will be taught at each class. All supplies are furnished for one ornament per person per class. All ornaments are made from gold beads and pearls. Any questions call Shirley Phillips 336-679-2817.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calenadar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to [email protected]