• 2 to 6 p.m., fall festival at Willowbrook Rehabilitation and Care Center. Lots of family fun, Elvis impersonator, Sassy Seniors Line Dancers, hayrides, and bounce house for children and lots more. Any questions ask for Sandra or Kimberly at 336-679-8028.
• 6 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host Michael Combs in concert with doors opening at 5 p.m. Opening the concert will be The Boys. A love offering will be received. For more information, call Chris Parker at 336-367-7939.
• 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Don Ball will be at Believers Baptist Church.
• 5:30 p.m., Mitchell’s Chapel United Methodist Church will have Trunk or Treat night. The church is located at 2410 Center Road, Boonville.
Oct. 25 – 28
• 7 p.m., Charity Baptist Church will be having Revival with Evangelist Dr. Raymond Whitfield.
• Deadline for the Heritage of Yadkin County, Vol. III — Send articles, photographs and book orders at $58.71 to Yadkin County Historical Society, PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, telephone 336- 679-2702, firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver to Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St. (behind Wells Fargo Bank), Yadkinville, Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 2 to 4 p.m., Believers Baptist Church, Fall Festival For Jesus will feature chicken stew, games, bounce house, face painting.
• 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Maplewood Baptist Church invites you to drop by & enjoy a “safe alternative” at our Trunk or Treat this Halloween. Kids will “trick or treat” along our circle drive where cars and trucks will be decorated and folks will be handing out candy. For questions, contact the church office at 336-679-3555.
• 6 p.m., the Shady Grove Quartet will share in music at Pilot View Friends Meeting. A love offering will be received for the group.
• 6:30 p.m., the seventh annual Basket and Tool Bingo will be held in the Surry Community College gym. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and game at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds go to SCC Knights’ athletic program. Cost is $20 for 20 games. A $30 combo includes 20 regular games, two bonus games and 12 door prize tickets. Hot dogs, pizza, nachos with cheese, baked goods and cold drinks will be available for purchase. For more information, call 336-326-5362 or 336-386-3276.
Nov. 21 – 28
• 16th annual Forbush Rec Council Basketball Tournament for boys and girls recreation and travel teams, third through eighth grade. A $100 entry fee will include three-game guarantee. It will be held at two gym sites: Forbush Elementary School, 1400 Bloomtown Road, East Bend, and Forbush Middle School, 1431 Falcon Road, East Bend. Concessions available. To register or for more information, contact: Justin Shore at 336-469-1879, email: Justin@marvinsgaragedoors.com.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.