• 9 to 11:30 a.m., information fair at East Bend Senior Center, 473 E. Main St. with free sausage biscuits and coffee. Presentations on Medicare, DSS, Snap, Energy assistance, veterans benefits, fraud and scam prevention and more.
• 9 a.m. to noon, Willowbrook Rehabilitation and Care Center will be having a fried apple pie sale. All proceeds will go to the Alzheimer’s Association. Any questions ask for Kimberly or Sandra, Activity Department, at 336-679-8028.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., 24th annual Cornshucking Frolic at Horne Creek. A traditional rural frolic featuring the harvesting, shucking, shelling, and grinding of corn. Cider making, basket weaving, quilting, cooking, woodworking, making molasses, beekeeping, children’s games, curing tobacco, wagon rides, and traditional, bluegrass, and gospel music are just a few of the activities featured. Numerous heritage craft demonstrations also highlighted. Wonderful products & gifts available at our Country Store. Admission fees for the 2015 Cornshucking Frolic are: Adults: $6; children ages 6 to 12: $4; children ages 5 and younger: free. (The entrance fee includes a state-mandated sales tax.) Fee also charged for food, drinks, and some craft activities. No pets or alcoholic beverages allowed. For more information, call 336-325-2298. Canceled in the event of heavy rain.
• 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Red Cross blood drive at Yadkinville United Methodist Church. Call Alda Tesar at 336-488-1033 to schedule an appointment.
• 5:30 p.m., annual chicken/oyster stew and auction at East Bend United Methodist Church, Main Street, beside Huff Funeral Home. No charge for the meal, but donations will be accepted. Bowls and spoons will be provided or you may bring your own. Following the chicken/oyster stew, plan to stay for the auction sale. Some of the items being offered for sale will be cakes, pies, sourdough bread, candy, glassware, Christmas items, knives, watches, vintage jewelry, pens, old chair, jewelry box, braided rug, quilt and signed and numbered print. For additional information, call 336-699-8624.
• NWTF Sportsman’s Banquet will be held at Myers Auction House on Flint Hill Road. Contact Tammy or Gary Myers for details at 336-469-2495 or 336-712-5952.
• 11 a.m., Bread of Life Baptist Church, Hwy. 801 Davie County, Mocksville, will have homecoming with Rising Son Singers.
• 3 p.m. Church dedication service at New Life Church in Yadkinville (formerly Yadkinville Church of God.) The church is located at 640 Crescent View Dr.
• 2 to 6 p.m., fall festival at Willowbrook Rehabilitation and Care Center. Lots of family fun, Elvis impersonator, Sassy Seniors Line Dancers, hayrides, and bounce house for children and lots more. Any questions ask for Sandra or Kimberly at 336-679-8028.
• 6 p.m., Charity Baptist Church, 1500 Charity Church Road, Boonville, will host Michael Combs in concert with doors opening at 5 p.m. Opening the concert will be The Boys. A love offering will be received. For more information, call Chris Parker at 336-367-7939.
• 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Don Ball will be at Believers Baptist Church.
• Deadline for the Heritage of Yadkin County, Vol. III — Send articles, photographs and book orders at $58.71 to Yadkin County Historical Society, PO Box 1250, Yadkinville, NC 27055, telephone 336- 679-2702, firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver to Tulbert House, 216 N. Van Buren St. (behind Wells Fargo Bank), Yadkinville, Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 2 to 4 p.m., Believers Baptist Church, Fall Festival For Jesus will feature chicken stew, games, bounce house, face painting.
• 6 p.m., the Shady Grove Quartet will share in music at Pilot View Friends Meeting. A love offering will be received for the group.
• 6:30 p.m., the seventh annual Basket and Tool Bingo will be held in the Surry Community College gym. Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and game at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds go to SCC Knights’ athletic program. Cost is $20 for 20 games. A $30 combo includes 20 regular games, two bonus games and 12 door prize tickets. Hot dogs, pizza, nachos with cheese, baked goods and cold drinks will be available for purchase. For more information, call 336-326-5362 or 336-386-3276.
Nov. 21 – 28
• 16th annual Forbush Rec Council Basketball Tournament for boys and girls recreation and travel teams, third through eighth grade. A $100 entry fee will include three-game guarantee. It will be held at two gym sites: Forbush Elementary School, 1400 Bloomtown Road, East Bend, and Forbush Middle School, 1431 Falcon Road, East Bend. Concessions available. To register or for more information, contact: Justin Shore at 336-469-1879, email: Justin@marvinsgaragedoors.com.
• Thursdays at Bojangles in Yadkinville, Mark Brown Chaplain at Mountain Valley Hospice and Palliative Care will be heading up an Operation Home Front gathering from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Coffee will be provided and Bojangles has offered to provide a free Bo-Berry biscuit to the veterans who attend. MVHPC honors those who served our country through the We Honor Veterans program.
• Whispers and Wings, 237 E. Main St., will be offering workshops/classes on a variety of topics including couponing, crocheting, and healing with natural remedies, to name a few. Call 336-677-1202 for further details.
• The Winston-Salem Ski & Outing Club is a year-round skiing, outdoor activities and social club for singles, couples and families of all ages in the Winston-Salem area. Established in 1964. Club meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of each month at various locations. Check wssoc.org for meeting location and membership information.
Submission guidelines for calendar events or church events: Deadline is Monday prior to publication by 5 p.m. One-time events or announcements may be submitted for placement in the calendar at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. Information should include date, time, place, brief description and contact information, if necessary. Calendars are published as space permits and do not run in every issue of the paper. If your submission is not showing, it is due to the chronological order of the events. Events to be included are at our discretion, and information is subject to editing. Send events to email@example.com.